Do you struggle to eat breakfast due to a lack of time but want to include more gut friendly foods into your diet❓
If you answered YES, than this recipe is for you!👇
Just 2 🍪contain 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein AND a serving of a fruit/veggie🤯
These nutrient packed cookies promote satiety and lasting energy, which will help you keep your eye on the prize at work or school 📈
The fiber 🌱found in these oats contain beta-glucans, which are known to decrease bad cholesterol levels & aid in digestive health!
The fiber in ground flaxseeds help with these as well, but they also have the bonus of containing omega 3 fats, which are a known anti- inflammatory✨
Yields: 8 servings (2 per serving)
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 banana, mashed
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
– 1-2 TBSP maple syrup
– 1 medium zucchini, grated
– 1 cup Gluten Free (GF) oats
– 3/4 C GF flour
– 1 TBSP ground flax
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup organic blueberries (frozen or fresh)
How it goes down:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana using the back of a fork in a large bowl. Then whisk in the egg, butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Lastly add zucchini and stir to combine.
- Prep your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix together the GF flour, oats, baking powder, flax, cinnamon and hemp seeds. Add to the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
– To make low FODMAP, be sure banana is just ripe.
– Swap out vegan butter for other plant based fat of your choice.
#cookies #breakfastcookies #zucchini #healthyrecipes #recipes #recipe #recipeoftheday #reels #foodreels #guthealthy #breakfastideas #quickbreakfast #veggie #lowfodmap #lowfodmapdiet #veggiesmost #veggie #dietitianapproved #hiddenveggies