Za’atar chickpea salad with citrus 🍊 tahini dressing🤤
I recently took the short drive 🚘north to LA and had the most delicious meal at a restaurant specializing in Persian cuisine.
I was inspired to develop a salad 🥗 that combined some of the fresh Mediterranean ingredients 🌿✨they used in their dishes.
Garbanzo beans are a great plant 🌱based protein source, which also have gut friendly fiber!😍
Chickpeas also have a great amount of micronutrients including manganese, copper, iron & folate!👏👏
Adding cucumbers, carrots, peppers and mint all contain a host of phytonutrients that provide antioxidants and polyphenols!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Yields 2 servings
– 1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 tbsp za’atar seasoning
– 1 tbsp avocado oil
– 1 cup cucumber, chopped
– 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1/4th cup carrots, grated
– 1/4th cup good quality feta (in blocks)
– 5-6 pitted olives
– 1 1/2 cups arugula, washed & dried
– 5-6 pitted olives, sliced
– Mint leaves to garnish
– Himalayan salt to taste
Citrus Tahini Dressing:
– 1/2 cup tahini paste
– 1/4th cup freshly squeezed OJ
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– salt and pepper to taste
1. To make salad, start with heating avocado oil in a small saucepan. Add drained and rinsed chickpeas. Add za’atar seasoning and himilayan salt to taste. Heat chickpeas until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Turn heat off and transfer to plate to cool
2. Assemble salad by starting with arugula then adding accompanying veggies.
3. Once chickpeas are cool, add to the salad and top with feta cheese and mint.
To make dressing, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add to salad and enjoy!
TIP: To make #lowfodmap, use only 1/4th cup garbanzo beans and add walnuts to replace protein content.
#healthyrecipes #salad #saladrecipe #salads #dressing #saladdressing #tahini #tahinidressing #blogger #reels #reelsinstagram #recipeoftheday #healthylifestyle #healthyfood #dietitian #dietitianapproved #dietitianeats #vegetarianrecipes #glutenfree #glutenfreefood #foodie #foodies #foodporn #vegetarian #nutrition #nutritionist #writer #foodwriter #nutritionist #guthealthnutritionist #acv #guthealthyrecipes