You’re going to love this High Protein Gluten Free Granola! Fiber & protein are hunger crushing nutrients that I recommend my clients have at breakfast to help regulate blood sugar levels and ward off excessive hunger throughout the day.
This granola combines satiating protein with plenty of fiber from the chia seeds and gluten free oats to help promote digestive health.
The average adult needs roughly 25-38 grams of fiber but the average for Americans is 15 grams per day. Getting enough fiber can help promote a diverse gut microbiome, assist with maintaining healthy blood sugar levels and also decrease bad cholesterol levels!
I love adding this granola to smoothie bowls and parfaits for an added boost of nutrition and flavor.
I kept this recipe tree nut free so Travis could enjoy but feel free to add omega 3 rich walnuts, slivered almonds or dried fruit for added antioxidants.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in comments!
If you need help with your nutrition, contact me to discuss nutrition counseling! email@example.com
Use code SARAH for a 10% discount off of the Unsweetened Ayurvedic protein powder I used in this recipe! @ayurvedicprotein
Protein Granola Ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Optional mix in’s: Dried cranberries/raisins/cherries/apricots, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix oats with chia seeds, cinnamon and protein powder. Meanwhile, microwave peanut butter and maple syrup then stir until incorporated and melty.
- Add peanut butter maple mixture into dry and mix. Add coconut oil and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 13-15 min while mixing halfway. Add mix-in’s if desired. Let mixture dry completely before transferring to mason jar.