I absolutely ❤️chow mein and have tried to replicate the flavors of this classic dish in my gut friendly version.🤤
The spaghetti squash “noodles”, cabbage mix and celery bumps ⬆️up the fiber content to 5 grams per serving!🤭
Spaghetti squash✨ also is a great source of vitamin C, manganese and vitamin B6, making it a immune boosting food 🙌
Vitamin B6 (pyroxidine) has incredible health ⚕️benefits like reducing risk of certain cancers, reducing inflammation, and may even help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease❗️
Aside from the long list of health benefits🤪, this recipe is delish, simple to make and great for a busy mid-week dinner 🍽
Yields 4 servings
Cook time: 90 minutes
- 2 tbsps Sesame Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- Spaghetti Squash
- 4 stalks Celery (sliced on a bias)
- 4 cups Coleslaw Mix (I used trader joes)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TBSP Seasame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions (chopped on a bias)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and slice the spaghetti squash in half. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until it can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and ginger with red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant (2 minutes). Add onion, celery, coleslaw mix, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Create a dome with the veggie and scramble the egg then mix to combine and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat avocado oil and brown the ground chicken, using a spoon to break into small pieces.
- Shred the spaghetti squash the a fork to create noodles. Add the spaghetti squash and the chicken to the pan with the sauteed veggies. Season with tamari then top with sesame seeds and green onions. Divide between bowls. Enjoy!
TIP: Roast spaghetti squash in advance and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to prep the recipe.
To make this recipe vegetarian, omit ground chicken and add an additional egg.
#healthymeals #guthealthy #gutfriendyrecipes #guthealth #healthy #guthealth #nutrition #nutritionist #LAnutritionist #lowcarb #fiber #fiberrichfoods #easymeals #easyhealthyrecipes #guthealthrecipes #lowfodmap