Need a NYE dessert that’s creamy, airy🌬, slightly sweet🍬and chewy? I’ve got you covered with these macaroons!! 😉
I LOVE making coconut macaroons for the holidays🎄🎁✨. They’re one of my fave flavor combo’s of dark chocolate and coconut🥥. These are light and fluffy, unlike other recipes that use sweetened condensed milk, which can be on the denser side 😑
Unsweetened coconut is an excellent source of fiber, which as you know is a rockstar 🤘 for gut health! Most of the fiber in coconut is insoluble, meaning the body can’t break it down but rather, it moves through the body, making it excellent for digestive health‼️
It’s also a great source of manganese, phosphorus and iron, all of which help tissue/muscle repair and provide oxygen 🙌to the cells of the body!
Yields 24 servings
30 minutes to make
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 8 ounces Unsweetened coconut flakes (I used Terrasoul)
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered honey or 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Egg whites
- Flake salt
- Chocolate sauce ingredients:
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP vegan butter
- How it goes down:
- Heat oven to 325 degrees farenheight.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix 2 tablespoons of honey together & coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce, until it becomes the consistency of sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat and let cool (this is an important step!).
- In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the shredded coconut, condensed coconut milk, and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Using a soft spatula, fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sccop 2 TBSP of batter at a time into rounds
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- While the macaroons are baking, make chocolate glaze by gently melting chocolate and butter.
- Pour chocolate into piping bag or zip lock with the end cut open and drizzle over each macaroon. Allow the chocolate to dry just a bit before topping with the flake salt.