Soup season is in full swing!🥣
There are few things better than a warm comforting bowl of soup😌 on a cold night ❄️. Not only is this kale, tomato, and chickpea soup delicious, it’s nutritious. 👏
The chickpea’s provide plant 🌱based protein, the yummy veggies provide potent antioxidants ✨& fiber, while the gluten free noodles provide satisfying complex carbs for sustained energy ⚡️
The star ⭐️ in this recipe is the red curly kale 🥬. It has gut loving fiber and 1000% more vitamin C than spinach,🤯 which is a major immune booster!!
The garlic and onions used in this recipe are prebiotics. You can think of prebiotics as the fertilizer that help the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut❗️
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot washed, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch red curly kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 2 cups gluten free rotini pasta (cooked per package instructions)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups canned, drained garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes, crush with hands
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Red pepper flake (optional)
If using an insta-pot or pressure cooker, add all ingredients, except for kale and select soup/stew button and cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir in kale once soup is cooked.
- Heat medium pot with oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the carrot, celery, and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir to combine then add the vegetable broth and herbs. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and cover with a lid. Let the soup simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the curly kale and season with additional salt if needed.
- Add cooked pasta and top with parmesan & red pepper flake if desired.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!
#soup #fallrecipes #vegetablesoup #vegetarian #souprecipes #kalechickpeasoup #vegetablesoup #kalebeansoup #guthealth #highfiberrecipes #nutriition #healthylifestyle #recipes #foodie #blogger #guthealth #guthealthrecipes