How to Maintain Health Goals Through the Holiday Season

Photo by krakenimages

The holiday season is almost here!

The family gatherings🏡, gift giving 🎁and traditional foods 🥧are what makes the holidays great🎄🪔. For a lot of my clients, there is a fear that the holidays will derail their health goals.😥

It’s true that holiday foods 🥧tend to be more rich and the number of holiday gatherings do pose some challenges for those attempting to maintain health goals, but it’s not impossible! ✨

Here are my top tips for maintaining your health goals over the holiday season.👇

  1. Use the 80/20 rule! For my digestive health clients, following my gut restore protocol takes patience and dedication but the health benefits are worth the initial sacrifice👏. Stick with following your nutrition plan 80% of the time and allow yourself to enjoy favorite holiday foods for the remaining 20%. 🙌
  2. Keep your routine consistent! 🗓Try to keep consistent with your normal routine while adding in the holiday events. ✨This means sticking with your workouts 🏋️‍♀️, meal prepping 👩‍🍳schedule, etc. This will help keep you consistent so that following your typical nutrition goals continue to be a top priority💯
  3. Make sure you’re not skipping meals or under-hydrating 💧When blood sugar levels get too low and “hanger” kicks in, it’s very difficult to eat mindfully 🧠. I always recommend my clients think about their hunger level on a scale of 1-10, 1 being famished🤤, while 10 being nauseatingly full. 😓When you reach a 1-2 on the scale, primal hunger kicks in (we’ve all been there!) and you wind up reaching a point of 9-10, since eating mindfully is close to impossible! Not skipping meals and staying hydrated will prevent this from happening!
  4. Leftovers 🛍are great during the holidays but they could impact nutrition goals if not enjoyed in balance and moderation. I recommend my clients enjoy those seasonal foods in the moment & leave the leftovers for others.🤗
  5. Take time for self care! 🧘‍♀️Balancing holiday shopping, cooking and parties can be mentally exhausting! Taking time to refill your metaphorical cup 🥤is crucial. I always recommend my clients make self care a part of their weekly routine at least once per week!

If you’ve been spinning your wheels 🎡trying to improve gut health without getting the relief you need, apply to work with by emailing

#holidays #healthgoals #guthealth #guthealth #holidayseason #goals #health #healthgoals #nutritiongoals #nutrition #blogger #blog #nutritionist #nutritiontips #nutritioncoach #dietitian #guthealthdietitian #guthealthnutritionist #guthealthmatters #bloatrelief #bloatfix #guthealthissues #guthealthtips #thanksgiving #healthy #wellness #healthylifestyle #healthylife #socal #socalnutritionist

No comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *