The holiday season is upon us! 🎄🎁
As someone who loves to develop recipes 👩🍳and cook, this is one of my favorite times of year. ✨✨
For me, a warm fruit 🍎 crumble is synonymous with the holiday season🎁🤤
This crumble is gluten ❌and dairy free so it’s one that I recommend for my gut health clients who follow a g/d free lifestyle.
The tart cranberries used in the recipe are an excellent source of vitamin C ⚡️and quercetin, which is a potent polyphenol that may help reduce inflammation🔥, allergy symptoms and blood pressure. Not only that, quercetin along with the other polyphenols in cranberries, all help to boost immune function!👏👏
The apples 🍎 used in the recipe have great health benefits too‼️ They contain pectin, which is a prebiotic🤯. These of course are the types of fibers that feed microbiota in the gut, helping them (and you) thrive. 💪
This is a great breakfast for Thanksgiving morning that I hope you’ll love ♥️♥️
Yields 8 servings
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 honeycrisp or fuji apple chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free Oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I like ceylon cinnamon)
- 1/8th salt
- Greek yogurt to taste
- Honey to taste (I prefer manuka)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°F). Use a little bit of coconut oil to grease the baking dish.
- Add maple syrup, apples, cranberries and 1/3 of the flour to the baking dish. Gently toss until well combined.
- Stir together the remaining flour, oats and coconut sugar. Add coconut oil then mix until crumbly (sand texture).
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the fruits and press gently. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and the fruits have softened.
- To serve, add warm apple crisp onto plate and add greek yogurt to taste. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
#Thanksgiving #breakfast #healthydessert #thanksgivingrecipes #cranapplecrisp #cranberrycrisp #crisp #holidaycrumble #glutenfreecrisp #glutenfreecrumble #healthyrecipes #healthylifestyle #glutenfreethanksgiving #glutenfreedairyfree #fruitcrumble #guthealthyrecipes #guthealth #guthealthy