I love ❤️a good salad 🥗 and this one is fall in a bowl 💯🍂🍁🍎
It’s got so many textures and flavors that work together to make one delish dish 🤤
The quinoa provides plant based protein while the apple provides vitamin C and gut loving fiber 😍
This salad also has pickled red onion🧅 which is a prebiotic! Prebiotics are the plant fibers 🌱that feed beneficial bacteria in the gut to help them thrive. 👏They also produce metabolites, such as short chain fatty acids (SCFA’s)🤯
SCFA’s are known to reduce inflammation 🔥in the body and provide the energy 💡needed for the cells in the digestive tract👏👏
I hope you enjoy with friends👯♀️ and family 👩👦this weekend!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for salad:
– 2-3 cups Mixed greens
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1-2 apples of choice (I used gala), sliced
– 4 ounces goat cheese
– 1/2 red onion, sliced
– 4 ounces white distilled vinegar
– 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
– Italian parsley (1 bunch)
– 1 TBSP avocado oil
Ingredients for honey mustard dressing:
– 2 Dijon mustard
– 2 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
– 1 garlic clove minced
– 3 TBSP honey balsamic vinegar ( you can substitute 2 TBSP ACV + 1 TBSP lemon juice)
– salt and pepper
How it goes down:
- Quick pickle onions by adding slices into vinegar. Set aside while you prepare the potatoes.
- Season potato slices with salt and pepper then air fry using the french fry setting, turning halfway during cooking.
- Prepare salad by starting with a base of greens, adding sliced apple, sliced potatoes, pickled onions and goat cheese. Top with parsley.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients except oil. Slowly drizzle oil in while whisking. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use. Enjoy!
– Increase protein by adding roasted garbanzo beans or roasted tofu.
– Make ahead by prepping all ingredients except for apple.
– Swap out goat cheese for vegan feta.
#vegetarianreceipes #fallrecipes #fallflavors #fall #healthylifestyle #health #wellness #nutrition #recipes #honeysaladdressing #salads #fallharvest #guthealth #guthealthyrecipes #guthealthnutritionist #guthealthdietitian #guthealthmatters #bloatrelief #FODMAPnutritionist #FODMAPdietitian #thanksgiving #thanksgiving2021 #thanksgivingreceipes #thanksgivingsalads #honeymustard