I love making French toast on Easter morning!✨🐇
This thick cut, gluten free bread 🍞 works well to soak up the delicious combination of flavors 🤤. This recipe combines caramelized orange 🍊 & cardamom that will definitely impress whoever is lucky enough to eat it!
Cinnamon & cardamom are two of my favorite 🤍 spices. Cinnamon has been shown to help slow🐢 the breakdown of carbs🍞 and even reduce inflammation in the gut!!🤯
Cardamom is actually in the same family ✨as ginger, and has been shown to protect the stomach from ulcers‼️
It’s so amazing when delicious ingredients are also good for your health😍
Yields 3-4 servings
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Gluten free bread loaf, sliced
- 4-5 eggs (depending on size)
- 1/4 cup dairy free half and half
- 1/4 cup flax milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 oranges, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6-7 whole cardamom
- Pure maple syrup to taste
- Shredded coconut
- Whisk eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Saturate slices of bread in egg mixture and let soak for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat and spray with avocado or coconut oil. Cook each slice for 4-5 minutes turning halfway.
- Next heat date sugar and vegan butter. Add sliced oranges and caramelize for 5 minutes, flipping halfway.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup with cardamom pods on low heat for 10 minutes, until cardamom pods burst.
- Serve slices of french toast with sliced oranges, cardamom maple syrup and shredded coconut. Enjoy!
#easter #happyeaster #breakfast #breakfastideas #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #glutenfreebreakfast #glutenfreefrenchtoast #frenchtoast #frenchtoastrecipe #nutrition #glutenfreelifestyle #yummyfood #foodie #nutritionist #gutfriendlyfoods #lowfodmap #lowfodmaprecipes