Do you have bananas🍌on your kitchen counter that are getting over ripe? Try this gluten free & vegan chocolate banana bread! 🤤
Truth be told🤭, I’ve never made vegan banana bread but I ran out of eggs over the weekend and didn’t want the bananas to go to waste! Hence this banana bread was born!👏
This recipe uses flax seed as a binder to help replace the missing egg 🥚. It has a higher fiber content than most recipes, which makes it a gut friendly option that tastes amazing 😻
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3rd cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4th cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tbsps ground flax seed
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º degrees and brush a loaf pan with some oil or nonstick avocado oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mash all but one of the bananas. Stir in the oil, maple syrup, and coconut milk. Mix well, then whisk in the ground flax. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, baking powder and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Slice the remaining banana in half length-wise and place both halves on top of the loaf. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool completely for an hour before slicing.
#glutenfree #vegan #recipes #bananabread #glutenfreerecipes #veganrecipes #breakfast #snack #healthysnack #fiber #foodblog #foodblogger #yum #yummy #lowglycemicrecipes #sweetrecipes #guthealth #gutfriendlyfoods