I’ve been on a little bit of a turmeric kick as of late 🙃and have been playing around with incorporating this golden spice into a lot of new recipes❣️
This recipe combines steel cut oats with warming 🔥spices like cinnamon, turmeric & black pepper that pair perfectly together 🤗. The piperine found in black pepper increases the absorption of the turmeric by over 1000% so including a small amount is crucial!
I topped the oats 🌾 with blood oranges 🍊 that were delivered in my produce box 📦 for a vitamin C kick, which helps with iron absorption 👏
The pepitas and hemp hearts add a delicious crunch and heart healthy fats that also act to slow 🐢the breakdown of carbs in the oats so that blood sugar isn’t spiked!🤯
Oats are a prebiotic, which means they help feed the good ✅bacteria in our gut microbiome and help promote proper digestion! 🙌 For those looking to add more gut healing ❤️foods into their diet; oats, seeds & turmeric should definitely be on the list 📝
Here’s what you’ll need:
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats (rolled)
- 1 1/4 cups flax milk (unsweetened)
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
– Blood orange (peeled and sliced)
– 1 tbsp hemp hearts
– 1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
– 1 banana, sliced
1. Add the oats, milk, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and maple syrup in a saucepan and simmer until oats are cooked to desired consistency.
2. Top with hemp hearts, pepitas, banana and oranges. Enjoy!
To make “overnight oats” style, stir all oat ingredients well to combine. Seal and place in the fridge overnight or for at least six hours. Top the next day with desired toppings.
#bloat #digestion #bloating #bellybloat #ibs #sibo #lowstomachacid #functionalnutrition #health #wellness #guthealthy #healthyguthappylife #ibsnutrition #nutrition #nutritionist #guthealth #healthiswealth #bloat