T U R M E R I C H U M M U S
Save 📌this super easy and delicious 🤤hummus recipe!!
I used to always buy💸 hummus before making it years ago and realizing how simple it is.🤪
Hummus is one of my favorite dips and sandwich spreads. It’s loaded with gut loving fiber 🌱, protein and micronutrients. It’s an excellent source of folate, manganese, & copper. ✨
Copper is a crucial 🎯mineral that helps with the absorption of iron from the gut🤯. If copper levels are low⬇️, this can lead to iron deficiency anemia, which can cause severe fatigue 😓
This magical legume also helps the body produce butyrate, a short chain fatty acid that fuels the cells of the colon. 👏Research 🔬 suggests this may even help reduce risk of colon cancer!
Try this simple recipe 📖and you won’t want to buy the store bought stuff ever again 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
1. Add all ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Blend until a creamy (5 minutes). Tope with extra virgin olive oil and turmeric.