As I’ve tried to reduce my meat consumption, I’ve gotten creative with delicious plant based, high protein recipes. 💯
Plant based proteins are typically considered “incomplete” because they don’t contain all 9 essential amino acids. But certain proteins, like tofu and other soy based products, are complete proteins just like meats!
There are also a tons of veggies that contain protein too👏 The key is pairing complementary plant based foods to equal all 9 essential amino acids.
For my clients with digestive health concerns, plant based proteins are often avoided out of fear of bloat symptoms 🙍♀️.
I help my clients discover the underlying issue causing the food sensitivities so they don’t have to avoid nutritious foods out of fear! 👏👏
If you can relate🙋♀️🙋♂️, sign up for a FREE discovery call so we can discuss if nutrition counseling is right for you!
- 1 container firm tofu, drained
- 1 sweet potato cubed and baked
- 2 Tbsp pepitas and sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large handfuls cut curly kale
- 1-2 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Handful organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Dressing for kale: 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp whole grain mustard, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, juice from 1/2 lemon, 2-3 Tbsp EVOO
- Cilantro to garnish
- Chop tofu into 2×2 inch cubes tossed with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add avocado oil to coat. Air fry under the french fry setting until crispy.
- Assemble bowl by massaging kale with 1/2 of the dressing and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients and top with remaining dressing, pepitas/sunflower seeds and cilantro.