I am a HUGE fan of all things chia seeds! Not only do they provide delicious texture to dishes but they also pack a nutritious punch. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, just 1 ounce has 10 grams! If you’re working towards reaching the recommended 28-30 grams of fiber daily, chia seeds will definitely help you get there.
The benefits of chia seeds don’t stop there. Chia seeds also contain omega 3 fatty acids, which have been shown to prevent depressive symptoms in some studies. In addition to this, omega 3’s have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body! They also contain important minerals, such as calcium and iron, which of course are important for bone health and circulating oxygen throughout the body.
So if you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth and not sacrifice on nutrition, look no further!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups nut milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp organic 100% pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4th cup organic cacao powder (I used Navitas Organics)
- 1 orange, supreme and slice
- 1/4th cup dark chocolate chips, nibs or pieces (62% cacao or higher)
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips and orange slices. Pour into ramekins or glasses. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When chia seed pudding has thickened, add in sliced orange pieces and top with chocolate pieces. Enjoy!