Travis and I are major foodies🤩 and love trying new restaurants and dishes we’ve never had here in LA and OC. Love it or hate it, living in a big city means never running out of new restaurants to try!
These chicken lettuce wraps were inspired by a dish we had years ago but made a lasting impression ❤️
They’re a great go-to for a hot summer ☀️day when your body is craving a lighter meal. They’re a great option for those following a gluten free lifestyle or low FODMAP regimen as well✨
The butter lettuce used in this recipe is a nutrient rich vessel for the delicious filling! This soft and crisp looking gem is a good source of vitamin A and contains calcium & iron👏👏
- 2 large organic chicken breasts cut in half then cubed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and separated
- 1 knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 TBSP liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 3 TBSP ponzu (MSG free)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1. Combine sauce ingredients using half as a marinade. Marinade chicken for 1-4 hours (the longer the better) in the refrigerator.
2. Remove chicken and discard marinade. Heat a large saucepan and add sesame oil (enough to coat the pan). Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
3. Refrigerate chicken until cooled. Next, assemble wraps by adding cooked chicken, carrots, sliced scallions and remaining sauce to each wrap.