I’m loving this blackberry flax parfait 🥣for a mid afternoon snack!
If you’re used to having chia seed pudding as a staple✨, you’ll love switching it up with creamy parfait made with ground flax seeds.💯
Flax seeds are packed with nutrition and are an excellent source of essential fatty acids (EFA), protein & fiber! 🔥 Fiber is a rockstar for gut health & has the added benefit of regulating blood sugar levels. 👏
They’re particularly rich in the EFA, alpha-linolenic acid (aka Omega 3’s)! This is an essential fat that we must obtain from food since our body doesn’t produce it🤯
As I tell clients, it’s so important to increase food variety 🥗🌮🥑in order to diversify your gut microbiome! 👏When you vary your food choices, you also ensure you’re getting different micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). ✨
Sticking with your same old foods😐, day in and day out can actually be more harmful than you think! Remember, variety is the spice of life✨, so here’s to keeping it spicy 😏🌶
Here’s how to make it!
Yields: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup flax milk (or preferred nut milk)
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4th tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3/4th cup organic blackberries
- 2 tsp hemp hearts
- In a bowl, whisk together flaxseeds, flax milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Cover and let refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- To make parfait, alternate layering coconut yogurt and flax pudding in mason jars or glass cups. Top with blackberries and hemp hearts. Enjoy!
#healthyfood #health #snacks #snackideas #dairyfree #snack #snacks #snackrecipes #healthysnackrecipes #flax #flaxpudding #parfait #spring #recipes #recipe #nutrition #wellness #healthylifestyle #guthealth #guthealthyfoods #guthealthyrecipes #lowfodmap #lowfodmapdiet