This curry eggless egg salad wrap hit the spot for lunch! It is super easy to make 🔥, delicious and packed with nutrition!👏👏
I love the flavors 🤤 of curried egg salad and was out of eggs today, so I decided to use a can of garbanzo beans and tofu as replacements and it was just as good! 💯
Garbanzo beans are an excellent source of fiber and plant 🌱 based protein. ✨ getting them canned is super convenient since the prep only requires rinsing and draining!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Yields 2 servings
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 TBSP vegan mayo (I used primal foods)
- Spices: 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon curry, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp cumin. (adjust to your taste)
- 2 small or 1 large celery stalk chopped
- 1/4th cup silken tofu
- 2 wraps (I used Mikey’s cassava wraps)
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced thin
- 1 cup mixed spring greens
- Prepare “egg” salad by combining all ingredients, except celery ,in a food processor. Process for 5-10 seconds until desired consistency is reached.
- Add chopped celery to mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Char tortilla to make pliable (this is a crucial step because they will break). Lay cucumbers, bell peppers and “egg” mix then top with greens.
- To roll, fold sides over while tucking contents inside as you roll. Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat! Enjoy!