For a quick pre-workout snack, I love having matcha energy Balls gems🍵
The matcha green tea powder gives a little caffeine boost, the dates provide needed carbohydrates & the nuts provide dietary fat and protein for lasting energy.
I started making more of these after I realized that I didn’t love the taste of protein bars. Can you relate? After playing around with a couple of recipes, these turned out to be delish 🤤
Matcha is rich in certain plant 🌱 compounds that act as natural antioxidants that protect us from free radicals. Not only that, some studies have found that matcha green tea helps protect our liver, the organ that purifies all of the toxins we ingest ❌.
These emerald gems also contain L-theonine, which promotes alertness and concentration 🙇♀️. Not to mention, they’re super easy to make and portable! 👏👏
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Almonds
- 3/4 cup cashews or hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tbsps Green Tea Powder (matcha)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Add the almonds, cashews, green tea powder, coconut oil, dates, coconut flakes and sea salt to a food processor and blend until well mixed and sticky.
- Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Form into even balls with your hands (Try to work quickly here to they stay intact).
- Dust with more green tea powder. Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
- Enjoy beauties 💋
- #workoutsnacks #guthealth #preworkoutsnacks #nutrition #snackrecipes #healthysnackrecipes