I decided to explore making more protein bars after my clients request for them skyrocketed! 🚀
This recipe combines the delish flavors of coconut 🥥 banana 🍌 and peanut 🥜 butter with the gut healthy ingredients of oats and flax seeds! 👏👏
Oats are an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fibers, which have incredible effects on digestive health. 🙌
Not only do oats help maintain proper digestion (remember they’re a prebiotic!), they also contain beta glucans, a type of soluble fiber, famous 🤩 for lowering “bad” cholesterol👏👏
These delectable squares are not only portable 🚘, easy to make 🤌and delish, 🤤but they’re also an inexpensive alternative to store bought protein bars 🤑
Tag 🏷 me if you make them and tell me what you think!
Yields 10-12 squares
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 cup 100% Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Flax Seeds
- 1/3 cup Protein Powder (I used Ayurvedic protein powder; use discount code SARAHMJACKSON for 20% off)
How it goes down:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly spray a 8 x 8 baking dish and cut out a square piece of parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray (I use avocado spray)
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into the pan with the back of a measuring cup, ensuring that the mixture is solid.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool for 30 minutes.
- When cool, cut into squares and keep parchment underneath. You can then store them in an air-tight container or wrap them individually as a grab and go snack. Enjoy!
#snacks #guthealthysnacks #proteinbars #proteinrichsnacks #guthealthylifestyle #healthylifestyle #lowfodmap #guthealthdietitian #guthealthdiet #nutrition #nutritionist #nutritiontips #recipes #blogger #bloggerlife #dietitian #dietitianblogger #foodie #california #califoodie #goodeats #foodnetwork